Wednesday, January 2, 2008

bored at work


It's the first day back after all the holiday rush is over. I must say I am enormously relieved that the various holidays are over with. no more hearing Christmas songs on the radio, or seeing sale ads every 5 seconds on TV. I've never really been into holidays all that much. Or at least not since B-Mom (my dad's mom) got Alzheimer's disease. After that holidays just meant a bunch of obligations and forced pleasantness. I don't have much extended family and my immediate family and I are always seeing each other, so thanksgiving/Christmas are pretty much pointless. unless of course you are very religious, then Christmas is a big deal, but I am a devoted Easter/Christmas Catholic, although I haven't been to church since a funeral in 3/06. I hope that once I'm married and start a family the holidays will be fun again.

speaking of Christmas, my office desk is much more fun thanks to my brother, Boo-Boo (Teddy/Brian). He was so thoughtful and got me an executive sandbox "day at the beach." It's a creative play on those stress relieving zen desktop rake sandboxes. Actually, I saw it on Amazon and basically demanded he buy it for me for Christmas. But he's sweet and he obliged, so now I'm happier to sit at my desk 8 hours a day! ok... that's a lie, but atleast I have my own personal Myrtle Beach! Here's a pic of it:

I plan on adding a little palm tree to it to make it more authentic. Also, I'm trying to find a little dollhouse figure in a bathing suit. I want to paste a pic of my head on it and sit it in the chair. hehe. I'm such a dork. The next time I visit MB I will steal some sand and replace the sand in the box with real MBsand.

Anyways, this post doesn't really have to deal with moving, but I wanted to share that.

make a wish, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway...

~Alli

No comments: