wow... so it's been three months since my last post. But fortunately I have exciting updates! I'll start at the beginning. I remained stubborn and continued to try to sell my condo on my own until the middle of May when I realized... umm crap, it's been 6 months and I still haven't sold my condo! So on May 17th I surrendered and listed with a realtor who's familiar with my complex. On June 20th I got an offer and by June 24th we came to an agreement on the price ($175,000) and a closing date (August 15th) and the contract was signed!! That price is alot lower than I expected to sell my place for, and unfortunately is lower then my original offer way back in march, but the saying is true that everything happens for a reason. If I had accepted that offer in March I would have gone on to buy that townhouse from Beazer, who I now know is a shitty builder and is having major problems. Now I'm going to be building an awesome semi-custom house that will be ready in the end of October. I'll save the rest of that news for another blog.
Considering how the market is still majorly crappy and people have no clue when it's turning around... I was just happy to bail out while I still could. I'm happy to be selling in a down market and buying in a down market, therefore making my mortgage less, rather than selling in an up market and buying in an up market. so anyways, after both attorneys had their vacations back to back around the July 4th holiday, my condo is finally under contract officially as of July 14th!!!!!! I am so ecstatic! I thought this day would never come. Turns out I just had to be really really really patient and things eventually work out the way they are supposed to! Things seem to be moving along swiftly towards our closing date. I passed my fire/safety inspection, the buyer put down their second deposit, and it looks as though they won't be doing an inspection (yes!) Now I just have to start packing... yikes!!
That's all for now... check back for the blog about the house!
*Alli
"... and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY
Post a Comment